Saturday, January 16, 2010

CONSIDER IT JOY...

      Though we know that the Lord has laid this on our hearts, it is not all that easy to just sit back and not struggle with fear, questioning whether we have completely lost our minds!!

     So many things to worry over.. including whether our financial records will pass inspection, whether we are doing the paperwork correctly, where the money is going to come from, how people are taking our decision, how we can plan ahead not having the slightest idea when we can actually leave to get Aaron, how he is doing in the institution and on and on and on.... The fears can be overwhelming. 

     For my comfort, Rob quoted James 1:2-4 to me last night when I started to list all the things to worry about: 

 "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.  Perseverance must finish its work so thay you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."

    Thank you to my dear husband.  For those of you who know Rob, he is rather quiet and not one to walk around quoting Scripture at the drop of a hat so I cherish those verses.  Now, if I could just keep that in my thoughts and not all the list of worries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving words from kind people make our hearts glad!