Tuesday, June 29, 2010

ELEVEN DAYS....

ELEVEN DAYS UNTIL OUR PLANE TAKES OFF FROM THE RICHMOND INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT...

ELEVEN DAYS...

I'm going through a whirlwind of emotions.  Sleep is completely eluding me.  Thus, I'm tired.  That increases the emotional whirlwind.  It is in these times that I am driven to my knees.  Late at night, in bed, whispering prayers. 

Praying.  Lifting up to God the burdens and joys of our hearts.  Since January we have begged prayers from everyone we talked to about Aaron.  Pray for him.  Pray for us.  Seemingly a simple act, but oh, so powerful. 

Yesterday I read a blog that touched my heart.  I am 'borrowing' it from the author...Lu, She's from Britain so when you read it, as I did to my family last night, put the British twinge in your voice!  I don't think she will mind.   It was titled "Beethoven's Fifth" and it is all about prayer....

After reading it... please take the time and pray for Aaron.  Pray for us.  Pray for me. 


I ask for a lot of prayer. Well, not specifically for me, but I do ask my readers to do a lot of praying. I have asked for prayer for families and orphans and yes, my daughter too. I suppose I've asked you to pray for nearly everyone now!
So much so, do I ask you to pray, that I've been asked why it is so important that so many pray. Why isn't just one man's prayers enough? (to be fair, I actually mentioned this which is what prompted the question). The Bible says in James (5v16b) that 'the effective and fervent prayers of a righteous man avails much.'* So why ask everyone to pray?

 
I sat and thought for a moment and I do believe that this could be answered a myriad of ways... as many answers as there are people on earth probably! lol


But this is my reply...

 
God is an emotional being... not like we are, human emotions are flawed to say the least. But He loves us and just as we, as parents, enjoy the company of our children and enjoy hearing them talk to us, so does He. So, anything that puts us in communication with Him is going to please Him. This is also why our petitions should never come without first praising him. A bit like 'buttering dad up' before asking to borrow his car lol!(only a joke)


But, that said, No two people are the same. Each one of us, through genetics, circumstances and our life experiences and educations is so completely unique. Never will two people completely see things the same. This is probably why 'lovers quarrel' there is 'sibling rivalry' and more restaurants and shops than you could ever count!


So, when I ask you to pray for my friend Lyndi; who is adopting Freddie and they now have been told due to his being born in Russia, not the country they are adopting from, they have an additional $3000 they need to complete his adoption; out of all of those who read this then go to their blog and then on to pray no two will pray the exact same thing. I may pray that the Heavens release the funds to them (I can sound so dramatic, can't I? lol) whilst another of you would pray for their safety, whilst still another praying for Freddie that this won't affect their being able to adopt him. Each one of you will consider a different part of what we need to pray for him.






We are like a Symphony (were you wondering what the title meant?). Each one of us is a different instrument, played a different way by a different musician. We all have different sounds that we make when played, some reach very high notes whilst another may rumble such low notes you can feel it in your belly. Each one playing their own melody, their own notes, in their own way but all of us together are playing the same song. That song is prayer... we are each, all over the world praying in our own way, our own sounds, our own abilities, the very same song and God is our audience.


When I look at it this way, I feel honoured to be able to be in this Symphony. To be playing this song with other joint heirs of His Son. It is no small thing to have an audience with the King... the Creator of the Universe in fact.


I also, then, consider that my asking you to pray is really an invitation. The chance to sing a song to the Holy of Holies with me and the others also praying sounds so much better than just 'please pray' doesn't it?


So, here it is, your slightly less than gold embossed invitation to be part of a Heavenly Symphony to play the grandest song that's ever been heard. Will you join me?


As it says in 2 Chronicles 7v14 'if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.' What a powerful force we can all be when playing together! 


2 comments:

Loving words from kind people make our hearts glad!