Friday, June 25, 2010

Please help the Shupps...

     Earlier this week I saw on Facebook that my dear on-line friend and supporter, Lyndi Shupp, was asking for prayer as something was 'terribly wrong'.  Nothing more than that but Lyndi has been my hero throughout our adoption.  The boy she is adopting, Freddie, is one of my all time favorite RR kids and our paths have crossed too often to not be worried when I saw her post.  I prayed.  I've prayed a lot.  I worried.  I was afraid that something had happened with Freddie.  He's 15, epileptic and beyond the age of anyone else adopting him.  The Shupp family is his LAST SHOT.  In a year he will be out of the orphanage and on the streets if they do not get him.  I was terrified that something had derailed his prospects of a loving, Christian home.

    Just a bit ago I found out what was wrong... they received news that Freddie was not born in the country he is currently in (same one as Aaron which is why I am NOT naming it).  This throws a major curve ball in the adoption.  The Shupp's can still adopt him (PRAISE THE LORD) but after they have court, someone has to travel to Russia (where he was born) to get his original birth certificate.  This will cost a lot of money.  3,000 more dollars.  Money they don't have.  Last year they adopted Patrick and that stretched their pocket books to the max.  Freddie's adoption has been HARD on them financially.  They were just barely scraping funds to go before this happened. 

     Please consider dropping 5, 10, 20 or more in their hat.  They need it.  They don't have any more options for borrowing.  I want to see the Shupp's when we go.  They are scheduled to be there a week before us.  We are both so close.  I want to rejoice with them in their adoption.  Please pray and please give..

    YOU CAN CONNECT TO THE SHUPP'S BLOG HERE  - GO TO THEIR CHIP-IN ON THE RIGHT AND HELP THEM OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving words from kind people make our hearts glad!