Wednesday, August 18, 2010

No Pictures

    We are cherishing our boys.  We took them to King's Dominion yesterday (Virginia's biggest amusement park) and had a blast as a family.  Sorry - no pictures!  My family was SO RELIEVED that I willingly left the camera at home.  I am the camera nut and they are not always very willing subjects so I left that device at home and focused on the family.   All through the day, as we rode rides, ate outrageously expensive and nasty food, played at the water park, relaxed on the lazy river and just enjoyed each others company, we would talk about Aaron.  He was in our hearts and part of a good bit of our conversation.  Casual remarks.  How he would like certain rides.  Where we will take him next time we come.  What he would think.
     At the end of the day, when we were ready to leave the park, we did our silly family tradition.  A run-through of Yogi Bear's cave.  It is no longer called Yogi Bear's cave, but we still call it by that name.  It is a silly little cave designed for little ones.  The last room in the cave is tilted because silly old Yogi wasn't the best of carpenters.  That is our favorite part.  Walking across the tilted floor.
     I didn't go in this year as I was a bit tired.  But Rob and the boys ran through the cave.  I sat and waited for them to come out.  When I saw them emerge I smiled and waved.  They waved back and then Elijah took off to go run through again.  Sweet moments.  Next year I think Aaron will be running back through with Elijah....

No -  I don't think.  I know.  That tilted floor - it is just too hard to resist. 

And this little boy likes to have fun....



3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great day, Julia! One you'll treasure forever - even if you don't have pictures. :-)

    Thanks for stopping by my new blog (and being the first follower before it was even "public")! It is fun to see how similar our stories are about how the Lord got our attention and wouldn't let us go. What a might God we serve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia, thank you for your encouragement you wrote on our blog. It is God's timing...he knows what is best for us. I just need to sit back and enjoy the ride! Blessings to you and your family!

    Hansina (Liam's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good times with the boys!!!

    BTW...My Linzhi Rose picks everything up with her feet.

    I think you asked me if Madelyn has arthrogryposis and the answer is yes. Linzhi may have been mis-diagnosed. She's going for an MRI with a doctor we found and went to for a second opinion. He doesn't feel she has arthro so that's why we're getting more tests. We loved the care at Shriners (for Linzhi) but we have decided to go with this new doctor at Children's memorial hospital in Chicago. We can talk more if you's like.

    God bless,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Loving words from kind people make our hearts glad!