Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Whisper

Just a whisper.  A Holy Spirit breathed whisper.  A longing.  A stirring that began years before but began to grow louder and more insistent as time passed.  Adoption.  One day we said.  One day.  Later.  Too busy now.  Our days too full.  Not enough money.  Not enough time.  Later.  Much later.  When the boys are gone.  When we finish our current projects.  When our bank account is above 0.  Another day.  Not today.

All good arguments but the whisper stayed.  The stirrings continued.  The voice wasn't silenced.  The God-ordained encounters with those who had gone before kept happening.  Consider.  Just consider.  Pray.  But... but...no... can't... not.... all the arguments.  Mental gymnastics.  The money God.  Where?  It can't work.  Our boys.  It's crazy.  We are broke.  Our business is tumbling down.  We are consumed with our side projects.  Our schedule is insane.  Dear Lord - it's just not the right time. 

Louder.  No longer a stirring but a wave.  A push.  An emptiness.  A realization that we lacked.  Something.  Someone.  Our lives were full of nothing.  Crazy chasing after useless dreams.  Circling - protecting our boys from what?  Our spiritual lives - Church - worship - tithing - going through the motions.  For what?  Our passion gone.  Realization of our empty cup.

Then a picture.  A smiling face.  A helpless child.  The Holy Spirit whisper becomes a scream. 

GO GET HIM.  HE'S YOURS. 

 This child.  In that country. GO.  Now.  Say yes.  Despite the bank account.  Despite the schedule.  Despite the arguments.  Despite it all.  GO. 

A year later.  Our 'whisper' celebrating Christmas with us.  Our son.  Our child.  Our little brother.  Ours.  But more than Ours - God's.  His child.  His son.  His treasure that He called out of darkness.  To our family. 


Aaron. 







December 29, 2009 - a year ago - just a whisper in our hearts.  I'm so grateful we listened.

And through that whisper, that stirring, a year later - December 28, 2010 - 110 Lost Boys were found. 

Tomorrow I share.

15 comments:

  1. I have been hearing the whisper and was doubting....thank you for helping me clarify what I am feeling.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant wait for tomorrow! I love it how God orchestrare detils so that they all work out gloriously. And it´s such in indescribable blesing that you answered the whisper because it lead to soemthin so much more than you could ever have imagined it´d lead. It lead to a life, an amazing boy and fundamental changes in the lives of lost boys. So God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Julia tears are just falling!! I can't wait for our day to come but sometimes I think it will never happen. i keep saying God didn't start this fire in us to just watch it burn itself out.

    one more day of waiting? OK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for listening. Can't wait to hear more tomorrow. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading this makes it worth the self-control it took for me not to pester you about your news at Christmas the other day. Almost. :)

    You guys have made a real impact on my heart in the last year--or I guess I should say that through you, God has made an impact. I'm grateful. Can't wait to watch and participate as His work continues to unfold.

    Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, if my boys can wait for four years in a crib for me, I suppose I can wait one more day for you to share. Perspective, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen!! Julia you have a beautiful "whisper"!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa! I'm so excited! I can't wait for tomorrow to come...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you heard and obeyed the whisper. It has blessed so many people. I can't wait till tomorrow. It has been such an honor to pray for the Lost Boys.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you heard that whisper one year ago. That was Anreas' Gotcha Day.:)

    I do wish you wouldn't be such a tease with your hints, though. I am NOT a patient waiter either, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. God is so good!!! Thank you for being obedient, Julia, for being the hands and feet of our Savior!

    Debbie
    mommy to Matthew and Michael, home 12-24-10

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aaron laugh...says it all, you have the larger, thee treasures, ther children.
    The reward is great heart from their perents.

    Teresa.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, if I was so gifted with words, I could have written this post myself. It's so incredible how the Spirit works to help us unlock our destinies. Congratulations on the miracles that have happened in your life. So wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Loving words from kind people make our hearts glad!