Tuesday, July 17, 2012

You Decide

I'm off this week to the Down Syndrome Convention in Washington, DC!

Reece's Rainbow will have a booth there and I plan on doing everything I can to advocate for all the Lost Ones across the ocean.  I also plan on spending as much time as I can with RR babes in my arms....

It was going to be a sort of mini-vacation for me.

I was going to get away from the man-village and hang out with other RR families and just enjoy some time away....

But then my littlest heard that I was going to ride the Metro into DC.

And I mean seriously... How could I say no to those dimples???


So on Thursday Aaron will get to ride on his first TRAIN and I will get to meet some amazing families and some incredible kids!!

Sounds like a WIN WIN to me..


One of the families I get to meet is the Spitz family.

I have talked about them more than once on this blog.  They are adopting Lyla and are leaving IN A MATTER OF JUST A WEEK OR SO.


This is their THIRD adoption in less than 2 years and all three adoptions are wound up in Lyla's story!

I told that story HERE.

They have been trying and trying to get fully funded ever since they committed to Lyla and they are SO CLOSE.

Someone has offered them a matching grant for a 1,000.00 and all they need is $400.00 to reach that match.

Then all they would need to be funded would be 1,000.00 more.

$1,400.00.

That's it.




 I KNOW THAT I KNOW THAT I KNOW THAT I PROMISED MYSELF AND EVERYONE ELSE THAT I WAS GOING TO TAKE A BREAK ON THIS BLOG FROM RAISING FUNDS FOR A WHILE....

I KNOW I DID AND I MEANT IT!!

BUT THAT IS NOT THE END OF THE STORY...

You see Summer has just asked people NOT to give to their family right now.

OKAY - IF YOU ARE SPEED READING THROUGH THIS BLOGPOST...

... READ THAT SENTENCE AGAIN!!!

Summer has just asked people NOT to give to their family right now.

She is instead BEGGING for everyone to give to the JOBES family who are RIGHT NOW IN COUNTRY.

They are getting out a little guy who was TRANSFERRED to a backwoods Mental Institute that is almost exactly like Aaron's.



Josiah has my heart because one of the families happened to BE THERE the day he was dumped dropped off at the mental institute.  The description of how they dumped dropped him off just absolutely rips my heart out every time I think about it.  I honestly can't dwell on it too much because Aaron suffered through that same trauma and this Mama's heart can't stand the thought.

Well... the Jobes are over there and they have the opportunity to adopt a 2nd little one... 

A  GIRL!! But this child is NOT in Josiah's region which means that they need between $9,000.00-12,000.00 NOW!!  Like yesterday! (Adopting from a 2nd region is much more expensive than adopting a 2nd child from the same region).  There are no available babes in Josiah's region which is why they had to look outside the region.

So Summer is asking for people to stop donating to her fund... and to give to the JOBES.

GOOD GRIEF.

I'M A SUCKER FOR SITUATIONS LIKE THIS.

How can I not join my voice with Summer's?

Yet, how can I not want her to be funded too??

So I'll leave it up to you.... If you want to help out either family...

CLICK HERE TO DONATE TO LYLA. (their sponsorship page needs to read 15,000 to be fully funded)

CLICK HERE TO DONATE TO THE JOBES SO THEY CAN RESCUE A SECOND CHILD! (their sponsorship page needs to reach around 30,000 to be funded for the 2nd child)

No guilt.  No pressure.

Just two beautiful stories of two families who are doing everything they can to get some desperately needy children out!!

YOU DECIDE!!

Just remember... we can't save every orphan.. .but we can make a difference to one.. 

And there are two little girls across the ocean who would tell you in a heartbeat that it would make all the difference to them!!






6 comments:

  1. I'm gonna see YOU AND AARON!!!!! EEEEEE! yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here Molly!!! SOOOO EXCITED to see everyone! :D

      Delete
  2. Thanks Julia. I wish Josiah's family had a blog. Do you know if any other blogs are posting daily/regular updates from them on their travel to meet Josiah and possible second adoption?

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donating to the Jobes... SOOOO Wish I was going to the Convention :( !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julia, this is perfect! Thank you so much <3. Anonymous, I know Faith IRL and most of her updates are coming on facebook - she's just not a big blogger, haha. So far, things have gone as smoothly as can be expected. I believe they were going to Josiah's region yesterday or today (time zones have me all thrown off). I'm sure she'll be in contact though. Also, thanks be to God - yesterday we raised a total of $621 for the Jobes family via facebook discussion... today with the added blessing of Julia's wonderful post, we raised $736. That's a total of $1,357 in two days! I challenge everyone to BEAT the record tomorrow... raise more than $621, more than $736, maybe even rise to a challenge of $850 tomorrow?

    These are WONDERFUL people... both families, although I've only met the Jobes IRL. Faith Jobes adopted 'Lynette' (Etta) from Serbia last year, and that precious treasure is just thriving! And so what did she do? Turned around to go save another one - or two!

    Thanks, Julia, for shouting with us even though you were taking a break. You may never know exactly how much difference you make.

    ReplyDelete

Loving words from kind people make our hearts glad!