Friday, November 22, 2013

Fatherless Friday - Do Something!

To the lovely person/persons who donated to Ruslan's Angel Tree Account....
 
THANK YOU!
 
I feel I have dropped the ball on my sweet babe but there is just nothing I can do about it right now.



I LEAVE IN 8 DAYS.
 
EIGHT DAYS!
 
 
 
 
But despite frantically cleaning (we are hosting Thanksgiving here) and shopping (I had a blast last night with Ben and Aaron picking out gifts for Carla's babes, the caretakers, directors and our sweet landlady who I plan on visiting) and packing (actually not packing at this point) and getting my classes covered while I am gone and figuring out what my men are going to eat while I am gone and getting schedules in order and doing all those crazy things that need to be done...
 
Despite all of that...
 
I've been watching the Angel Tree daily - praying over the babes - rooting for them - agonizing that the some of the ones at the bottom ARE THE SAME ONES AS LAST YEAR and wanting so much to do something about that!!
 
I LOVE the ANGEL TREE!
 
I love it because it is how we found Aaron.  He was never ON the tree but through the tree the Lord directed our eyes to him.
 
So I CARE about getting eyes turned towards that tree.
 
Every single babe needs a family.
 
There are over 200 babes on that tree.
 
Brandon (2000) Jeff Duane Dixon #2-3
 
That represents a whole lot of families that need to be found.
 
On this Fatherless Friday....
 
Tori (Asia) Kain Andruis Glenn (1)
 
Will you go look at the babes on the tree?
 
 
George #19-2 Andrew (Asia) Thatcher Tallulah
 
 
LOOK AT THEM.
 
And then DO something....
 
   
 
Sean Quentin (Asia) Millie Mickey
 
 
You could pick a babe and print his/her picture off and take it to church and put it on the bulletin board. Maybe put two pictures.  How about three.  Okay - Fill the bulletin board.
 
Louie Lewis Lane Greta
 
You could host a bake sale and raise awareness.
 
You could share their pictures on Facebook.
 
Gabi Dylan Delmar Colby
 
Or on your blog.
 
Or send them around in an e-mail.
 
You could pick one or two or three and make a donation in their grant account. Especially those poor souls on the bottom of the tree.  Oh please help them get off the bottom of the tree!!  My poor Mark who HAD a family and who LOST his family is sitting at the bottom.  Oh Mark.  My heart bleeds for you babe!
 
Mark (LA)
 
You could pray.
 
  Bryannah #8-3 Boden Angelia Octavian
 
Most definitely pray.
 
That is what is needed the most.
 
 Heidi (Asia) Wendy (Asia)
 
Just DO something.
 
All the babes pictured here have less than $30.00 in their grant accounts.
 
 
Do Something!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving words from kind people make our hearts glad!