Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Confessions from a Muddled Brain

 I am supposed to be blogging. We are leaving in 4 days and I should be over the moon excited and going crazy on here and sharing all about our preparations etc. etc. etc.

I AM over the moon excited. I AM going crazy.  I just cannot begin to put into words the thoughts in my head and heart right now.

Elijah is leaving for college on Thursday. We are driving him to JMU and leaving him. 

That alone is sending me into a tailspin. I should be perfectly capable of being rational about this because I've done this before but still.... It's hard to let go.  I want to stop time from spinning so quickly.



Which is nuts!!

 Because I want time to speed up so we can cross the ocean.

And I want it to stop because I hate letting go.

I can't think straight.  Nothing inside my muddled up brain makes any sense at all. 

Our entire family life is changing in one big huge breath.... but I quit breathing months ago.

So there you have it.

Confessions from my muddled brain.

I'm going to try to do better.

I really am.

I just need to get through the next 2 days with my Kleenex box by my side.

Because I'm going to need it.

A lot.





7 comments:

  1. I can imagine. Proof of a heart that loves so deeply. Praying for you now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get this for a different reason! Love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at this handsome young man! He will do amazing! But whom am I kidding, it's your child! I so understand it is hard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers! Lots!!!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leaving my daughter at college was so hard for me. We know that just the fact that they are going away to college means we did our job. This was always the plan, right? To raise adults. But it's so hard. I missed her so so much. But I'm on the other side of it now, she graduated in June and now she's back home and looking for a job. But I can still remember how hard it was to leave her, even the second year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many hearts holding you in prayer, for your own precious heart to hold on! I can just about feel your anticipation and your "scattered-ness" in your honest words! SO excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happily my kids live at home for college and just seem to incrementally leave home, which is a lot easier for me!

    ReplyDelete

Loving words from kind people make our hearts glad!