Thursday, June 6, 2013

Making A Difference

I want to make a difference.
 
A difference for good and not for evil.
 
A difference that means lives are changed and hearts are touched.
 
A difference that honors and glorifies the One who Loves me.
 
I don't want my words here to ever cause anyone to stumble.
 
I don't ever want my words to cause division and heartache among the Body.
 
I want to make a difference.
 
I sometimes write and wonder if what I say matters.
 
I sometimes write and wonder if I am speaking to an empty auditorium.
 
I sometimes write and feel like it is just a bunch of rambling.
 
But sometimes... sometimes... I am blessed to know that what I wrote DID make a difference....
 
Sometimes my words do matter..
 
Because I wrote THIS POST about COMPASSION INTERNATIONAL a bunch of children are now being sponsored.
 
Wow.
 
That humbles me.
 
Because I know how Compassion works - not only are the children going to be helped but their families are going to be blessed beyond words also.
 
My heart is happy for those children and those families!
 
----------------------------------
 
If you want to make a difference today...
 
Please go do something that seems really really simple but will matter to 300 Lost Boys and Lost Girls...
 
 
Go LIKE the page.
 
That's it.
 
That's all you have to do.
 
There are a whole host of families who crossed the ocean last year and held their babes in their arms.   They are now fighting for their 300 baby bear cubs against all odds. 
 
By liking that page you are letting them know that you care and you are also helping to spread the word and awareness that those 300 matter.
 
Make a difference.
 
-------------------------------
 
I'm going to our state homeschooling convention today.
 
If you are coming - PLEASE STOP BY MY BOOTH - BIBLIOPLAN - AND SAY HELLO!!
 
---------------------------
 
AND I JUST HAVE TO DO A QUICK SHOUT OUT...
 
Two more babes with arthrogryposis now have families coming!!
 
Woo Hoo!!
 Oscar faceCaius 
 
That leaves four babes left on Reece's Rainbow who have arthrogryposis.
 
$3694.00
 
 LEO
$59.90
 
$5698.00
 
$202.00
 
Want to make a difference? 
Give a shout out for these four babes. 
 
Put some money in their grant accounts (LEO HAS LESS THAN 100 DOLLARS AND HAS BEEN LISTED FOREVER!!!!).
 
ADOPT ONE.
 
That would make the greatest difference of all!!
 
HAVE A BLESSED DAY!!
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. I'd be happy to "like" "300 Broken Promises" . . . if I had a FB account, which I don't . . . and that probably isn't going to change any time soon.

    I'd love to drop by your booth and meet you -- but I live too far away. Any chance you'll ever be coming to the Chattanooga, TN area?

    Kathy K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Julia for being a loud voice for so many. Please keep praying that both these Presidents soften their hearts and come to an agreement that will help these children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite boy at the top! I love his sweet face. And cute little Caius, too. I will pray for the other kids to find their family soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julia... your shouting... does for sure matter... not sure if you remember...but you are a part of what got my hubby to commit to shea 2 years ago because of your description of the U institutions.... and then also got him and us doing advocacy for heath... keep it up girlfriend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Julia! You are a faithful friend.

    ReplyDelete

Loving words from kind people make our hearts glad!