Sunday, January 19, 2014

Sunday Morning Praise!

 
Do you see??
 
Patience.  Sara.  Samuel.
 
 
Out.
 
Free.
 
Brother.  Sisters.
 
Son.  Daughters.
 
Chosen.  Loved. 
 
I bawled like a baby when I saw that picture.
 
A month ago I saw Samuel in the mental institute when I was there.
 
Today he is out.
 
Free.
 
For this child I prayed.  Oh Samuel.  How we prayed!
 
But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble.
 
-------------------------------
 
Sweet Lyla.
 
 
Last summer I sat at the reunion with Summer.  She was agonizing over what to do about her sweet girl.  The doctors at the one hospital said surgery was too risky.  Too risky.  They wouldn't consider operating.  Should they accept that?  Or fight for her?  Go for another opinion?  They agonized.  They were so scared.  Afraid to make the wrong decision. 
 
They chose to fight. Fight and beg God for a miracle.
 
God gave them a miracle.
 
That little girl standing there is most definitely a miracle!
 
She has made it through surgery with FLYING COLORS and as of this morning has been moved to a regular room!! 
 
Go Lyla Go!!
 
 -----------------------------
 
Joshua.
 
This is what he looked like on Friday.
 
Photo: I am with sweet Joshua at the hospital.... Please pray.
 
He was in really bad condition.
 
I stood in the hospital with John and Traci as we watched his O2 levels drop to 60.  It was scary. They were literally whispering their goodbyes to him.  Thankfully, as the nurses pushed in medication, he rallied.  His O2 levels came back up, but I left that hospital with a heavy heart.  Shaking my head at the mountain he needed to climb to recover...
 
 
As I was leaving, the doctors were trying one last ditch effort to try to turn him around.  If that didn't work they were going to call it.
 
But Joshua is a fighter and God is hearing our cries.
 
Over the last day and a half he has slowly but surely started to respond.
 
As of this morning from Traci....
 
Joshua did well over the night....they even started weaning him off the nitric oxide and his oxygen was at 97 when I came in here. He was such a good boy that John and I both got a little sleep. Sleeping in an extra room in the PICU has its drawbacks (like hearing the alarms go off... and I got worried when I saw one of the nurses moving very quickly) but we've been thankful to have a bed nearby for sure. He has drained a lot of stuff out of the chest tube...400 initially and I think another 300 since. I'm wondering if they will move the vent to the other side today as he's been in this position for longer than usual since he was so sensitive to any position change those few days. So, we've been given hope again. Praise be to God!
 
So keep praying for him because his Mama and Papa and brothers and sisters are desperately wanting him HOME and WITH THEM.
 
------------------------------
 
 
And across the ocean....
 
This boy SAID YES.
 
Ianto
 
He said yes.
 
The Rowes are over there working through the process to bring him home. Keep praying for him because the pressure from his friends is STRONG and in the last month my heart was broken over another who said yes and then changed his mind.  So please cover this child with your prayers.
 
While the Rowes are there they are picking up this little fellow who needed a family too...
 
 30416130136
 
Don't you just love it??
 
 
Sing joyfully to the Lord, you righteous;
    it is fitting for the upright to praise him.
 Praise the Lord with the harp;
    make music to him on the ten-stringed lyre.
Sing to him a new song;
    play skillfully, and shout for joy.
For the word of the Lord is right and true;
    he is faithful in all he does.
The Lord loves righteousness and justice;
    the earth is full of his unfailing love.
 
 
And that, my dear friends, is my Sunday Morning Praise!!  
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Sunday with SO many things to be joyful about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for Samuel and Sara! And another one too? I can't seem to find their parents' blog. Can you send it to me. Would love to drink in every word and picture of their homecoming!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To God be the glory. Praise God for these sweet blessings. I have been praying for Joshua, will pray for the others too. :)

    erika

    ReplyDelete

Loving words from kind people make our hearts glad!