Friday, August 6, 2010

Finding the Silver Lining


     I hate that we are not heading back to Aaron's country soon.  I hate sitting here feeling like we are spinning circles in the sand.  I'm fighting to have a positive attitude about everything.  So here is my attempt to find the silver lining...

     I get to work  on the Medieval curriculum that I realized was impossible to work on over there!  I've gotten a lot accomplished in the last two weeks while waiting for the ever-important e-mails.... I plan on getting even more accomplished as we wait.  Of course this really isn't something I can get too excited about as I am very burned out from writing and would love to NOT be writing but I'm trying to focus on the positive here....

     I get to take Ben for his first days at a local Community College in a few weeks.  He is going to be taking a few classes this fall and now I get to help him in his first weeks and for that I am very grateful.  

     We get to catch up on some rest... IF.... we could both learn to fall asleep AND STAY ASLEEP.  It is very hard to stay asleep when your heart is torn in two.  We are working on this silver lining.

     Plane tickets in September will be a lot less expensive than in August.  THAT IS A MAJOR SILVER LINING!

     I am teaching two Homeschooling classes this fall and I've been able to order supplies and work on lessons plans.   I'm definitely happy for the extra time I have to put into these classes.

     I get to see Joseph and the Techni-color Dreamcoat in a few weeks.  Rob and the boys were supposed to be in the show but the adoption kept them from doing it.  But at least we get to see it and for that we are glad.   The people in the show are good friends and have been very supportive of this adoption.  They rock!

     So there are a few silver linings.  Of course, if I got an e-mail today saying that we had court next week - I would gladly toss all of that to the wind (except for Ben and school) and jump on the next flight back to Aaron! 



.....BECAUSE WE MISS THE LITTLE STINKER...

P.S.  I took this picture and a whole host of others on the last day we were with him.  I knew we were leaving and tried without success to get him to look at the camera.  He was TIRED of the camera by this point -didn't care at all that he could see himself in the screen and just wanted to play with the new trucks and the crane we brought.  I tried everything to get him to look at the camera.  He would only look at me AFTER the camera clicked.... Definitely a little stinker!!



    

7 comments:

  1. Hey Julie...it should also be much cooler here by then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted you to know I am still praying and look daily to find any news.

    I can't imagine how hard it is to wait.

    Praying for Aaron to come home and sleep for you....not having sleep makes everything harder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine how hard it must be to leave your baby behind. I am PRAYING for a speedy court date!!!

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww beautiful pic!... Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you. Waiting is just so hard--especially when there is no news at all. I can totally, totally relate. When we adopted Steven we left Ukraine on December 31, 2008 and finally were able to go back for court in June, 2009. So when I say I can relate I am dead serious. Of course, I am hoping your wait is much, much shorter. May God hold all of you--in U.S. and Ukraine--in His very strong arms.
    Joy,RR

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I am visiting from Leslies blog, so we can know how to pray specifically for your situation. The process is so long, frustrating & stressful.
    Biggest hugs on this journey and peace in the waiting :)

    ReplyDelete

Loving words from kind people make our hearts glad!