Friday, March 2, 2012

Not One

Not one person has inquired about Bernadette.

Not one person has asked to find out more about this fifteen year old angel who will be sent to an adult mental institute in just a short period of time.



Not one person has inquired about her.

Not one.

SHE HAS $10,000.00 in her Grant Account.

That is money that has literally POURED in over the last few weeks. 

I KNOW SHE IS WELL-LOVED.  I know for a fact that there are tons of you reading this who are shocked and grieved to know that NO ONE has inquired.  NOT ONE.

She has almost HALF of what someone would need to adopt her yet no e-mails have been sent.  No calls.  Is there no one out there with room at their table for this precious child?

She is in a wonderful institute right now.  She is doing extremely well and is happy and loved.  That will NOT be the case after she turns sixteen.

Bernadette may be 15 going on 16 but in reality she is just a tiny little girl who would rather play with her dolly's than do anything else.

She needs a Mommy.

Where in the world is her Mommy?


Please read her description... Please pray... please consider...

Miss Bernadette, what a beautiful smile you have! Hoping your Mama sees this picture and comes to bring you home — please don't wait! Bernadette's age doesn't leave her much time to find her family. She can only be adopted at all if she finds a family before November! Her chance at any life outside these four walls will be over if we can't find a family for her.


She’s a lovely little girl in appearance. Despite being 15, she looks about 8 years old, and a petite 8 at that. She is a sweet little girl with plenty of energy. She likes what most 8 year olds would like- dolls, playing with toys, watching cartoons.



7 comments:

  1. Shared on my FB wall and also with my FB local area DS support group (which I have never done before.) Praying for Bernadette's family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessing on Bernadette and her Forever mommy finding her very very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I wish I could run and get her! I did inquire of my agency, but Bernadette is in a country that does not allow singles to adopt. I would be thrilled to add her to my other 4 adopted daughters!! I have 2 with DS adopted from Bulgaria. They are both 11 years old and they would love Bernadette! Like her, they are too precious for words. So I gave to her grant fund in the event that some other lucky mom and dad would go and get her. I wish it was me :(
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thank you Julia!!! It has broken my heart that no one has even attempted to commit to her. I just feel like maybe her family hasn't seen this yet- the more we share, the sooner she can find her family.

    It's such an easy region to adopt from, and the facilitator is fantastic. Bernadette needs a family- and with a $10,000 grant, I don't understand why she doesn't have one :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. This breaks my heart. I wish we were in a position to adopt. I would be happy to go for her. I'm sharing her photo for a week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you checked your fb messages?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying her family finds her soon...sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete

Loving words from kind people make our hearts glad!