Thursday, March 3, 2016

She Didn't Make It

This morning these words caught my eye in my Facebook newsfeed...

"We didn't make it."

I read on. Here is what I read...

"I'm heartbroken. I've been trying for months to raise the funds to bring my daughter home. As a single mother it has been hard because there isn't another person with income in my house, there are only 3 grants single applicants can qualify for, and there is only one person to do all of the paperwork and fundraising. I had someone offer a $5000 matching grant and I had until yesterday to raise the funds. I didn't make it and now I am that much further away... from my fully funded amount and I leave in two weeks. I'm traveling alone (which I am quite nervous about). I was $2867 away from the matching grant. I didn't even make it halfway. I'm so disappointed.
I leave in two weeks to pick up my 11 year old daughter with Cerebral Palsy from China."

http://reecesrainbow.org/88964/sponsorbarrett-2

Okay.  Who's in???

THE DONOR HAS CHANGED THEIR MIND AND IS GIVING AN EXTENSION.

Friday night.

That's tomorrow.

$2867.00 is needed.

The grant on Reece's Rainbow needs to read 5728.00 for her to get her matching grant!!

Who's in???
We can't let a Mama who is days away from travel miss out on a $5,000 matching grant!! 

Will you help?? 



8 comments:

  1. We are in the process of bringing home a little girl with down syndrome. I completely understand how this woman feels. It is so frustrating to not have the support from people, or the "church". Our fundraisers have tanked, we have to borrow. But one thing I have learned is anxiety is not from God. If it is His will, His Will WILL be done. Boom. I'm in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in! Praying that the match gets met!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I helped! There are so many "pots" that are in need. I am thankful when you highlight one, Julia. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in! Let's get this girl home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That felt great! I have a soft spot for my fellow single mamas. Thanks Julia!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are wonderful people !
    Now if someone could go with her...

    ReplyDelete

Loving words from kind people make our hearts glad!