Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Let it Begin With Me



My brain is a jumbled mess right now.  We are 10 days from travel yet it feels like a thousand. It's like the world went into slow motion. Brown eyes keep staring at me but I can't bear to change my background picture.


This past weekend was a nightmare. Our little house in the woods is not very many miles from Charlottesville, Virginia and what took place there makes me want to vomit.


The city we love was filled this past weekend with a whole lot of people filled with passion and hate.  That passion and hate killed three people and harmed many others. 






I am grieving this morning over the wrongness of what happened.  Neo-Nazis, White Nationalists. I truly want to be sick.

This week I've been clinging to Micah 6:8 as I think and pray. 


He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?


Do justice. Love kindness. Walk with God.


Let it begin with me.


-----------------------------------------------


I am struggling to blog. I can't find words. There is so much in my head and heart. We have so much to do and decisions to make.

I would be ever so grateful for prayers right now.  Just pray for us. Pray that the Lord goes ahead of us and makes a way.  Pray for peace to reign in our hearts. Pray for wisdom as we make decisions.  Pray for clarity as we make plans. Pray for our sons. Elijah heads for college next week, two days before we leave. The little boys are upended right now and struggling with our leaving. Ben will be carrying the burden of caring for them while we are gone. Pray that God provides all we need. 


It is the LORD who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.”




Thank you.













9 comments:

  1. Prayers heading your way. Like you, I am extremely distressed over the horrible events in Charlottesville - my own city appears to be next in line for such uninvited "visitors". Praying for peace and justice to prevail...both here, in Ukraine, and in all places where they seem hard to find just now. I also am praying that circles of peace and love will surround you and all those dear to you during the weeks ahead, and that all will go smoothly and easily as possible. Thanks so much for your email yesterday - it helps to reminded that good is still there, and will ultimately prevail.

    Traveling mercies heading your way..

    Susan in Kentucky
    Cousin to 2 originally from U.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continuing to pray for you and your family. May it be as you ask and peace be with you. May the Lord open doors for you and make your way smooth. Blessings to you all. Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will keep you & your family in my prayers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asking God to sustain all of you, those traveling, and those at home, and especially little Mary. May He guide you, have mercy on you at all times, show you His grace, and grant you His peace! I feel as though I am holding my breath with you until you are back home with your new daughter! Be well and be blessed as you wait!! Waiting is SO hard. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have so many cute girl clothes that I would love to give you for Mary but shipping form Germany is way to expensive. Are you flying through Hamburg or Frankfurt?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you and for Mary. God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is it your girl? - or does she just look similar? -
    http://www.sirotstvy.net/ua/questionnaires-children/9793/

    ReplyDelete

Loving words from kind people make our hearts glad!