Friday, February 19, 2010

Lost and Found

A mix-up on paperwork put my little Aaron in the wrong city.  We found out something was wrong on Tuesday when a friend of a friend tried to locate him.  Needless to say I have been a bit stressed out this week worrying about why my son was not where we thought he was.  By last night I was a bit of a basket-case worrying.  I lay in bed in the early morning hours praying for him and wrestling with the old issue of trust.  Will I let God carry the burden or will I lay and worry through the night?  This child is halfway across the world and I have absolutely no control over where he is, what he is doing, who is caring for him or anything.  It exhausts me.  It forces me to my knees again and again. Having him 'disappear' for a few days has been a trial by fire.  I'm SO GRATEFUL for the e-mail this afternoon that stated that he had been 'found.'   We may have to re-do some paperwork and it may delay things a bit but I don't care at this point.  I am so thankful for the Reese's Rainbow ladies who are working around the clock for these kids!  I'm thankful they figured out where he is and I am thankful that He is loved by a God who knew where he was all the time.

1 comment:

  1. How did they find him. That must have made you feel so helpless!!! Ugh!! Happy they found that sweet little boy! Following along on your journey! Good Luck!
    Nance

    ReplyDelete

Loving words from kind people make our hearts glad!