Thursday, March 11, 2010

Another Day

     Another day to wait for the mail.  I woke up depressed.  I have to be honest.  Two days ago I read an article about the mental institutes in Aaron's country where our little Aaron has been sent.  The article was written in 2006 and the writer (who had visited quite a number) equated the institutes with CONCENTRATION CAMPS!  Children are left alone in their cribs all day except to feed and change them.  Many of the children freeze in the position they are placed inside the crib.  They lay in their own waste.  Many of them are drugged to keep them quiet.  A large number die after the first year.  Looking at pictures makes me sick on my stomach.  Aaron arrived in one of these places a few months ago just because he turned five and has a disability.  At his baby orphanage he was walking and talking.  Now we don't know what he is doing.  We don't know if he has landed in one of the better mental institutes or whether he is fighting for his life.  All we know is that we are stuck here, longing to go get him and unable. 

 This morning I desperately need these words from Isaiah 43.... for Aaron and our family...

But now, this is what the LORD says—

he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.

When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.

For I am the LORD, your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
I give Egypt for your ransom,
Cush and Seba in your stead.

Since you are precious and honored in my sight,
and because I love you,
I will give men in exchange for you,
and people in exchange for your life.

Do not be afraid, for I am with you;
I will bring your children from the east
and gather you from the west.

I will say to the north, 'Give them up!'
and to the south, 'Do not hold them back.'
Bring my sons from afar
and my daughters from the ends of the earth-

everyone who is called by my name,
whom I created for my glory,
whom I formed and made."

5 comments:

  1. Oh Julia... I'm sending Aaron thousands and thousands of positive "vibes" and "hugs"... Oh my. He is SO lucky to have you guys.
    Just a thought- but maybe you can petition your state government/representation for help? Maybe they can help expedite the fingerprint paperwork you're waiting on??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry. I have those days too and it is just so hard. I am praying for Aaron and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry, I know you are having a hard time. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still praying for you. Have you tried calling your local USCIS to check on the status? If they're rude or unhelpful, then I'd escalate it to your senator. They are typically very helpful (and be sure to mention that he's special needs & has already been transferred - that might help speed things up, too!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Loving words from kind people make our hearts glad!