Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

     Sorry.  I'm not joining in the chorus of 'Happy Mother's Day'.  Don't get me wrong.  I love being a Mom.  It is the highlight of my life apart from being married to Rob.  But this day is not my favorite day of the year.  It stopped being my favorite when nine years ago colon cancer robbed me of my Mom and it robbed my kids of their Grandmom. This weekend Ben played the Wizard in the Wizard of Oz and she didn't get to see him.  Elijah was serving breakfast pancakes for Boy Scouts this morning and he didn't get to serve her.  In a few months Aaron will sit around our table and she will not get to love on him and watch him grow.  I miss her.  I am sad that my Mom is missing my boys grow up.  I'm sad that she doesn't get to be a part of our adoption of Aaron.  Mother's Day is a bit sad for me.  I miss my Mom!

4 comments:

  1. It's bittersweet for me, too. (My mom died in 2005 of cancer.) Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Julia, I'm sorry that you lost your mother. I cannot fathom the sorrow of today for you. My cousins lost their mother at a young age and I know today is not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm soooo sorry!! I can relate in a way: I have a 19 year old (Russian adopted) daughter whom I haven't heard from in the last couple of years for Mother's Day, my birthday, Christmas, etc. She is now in the service and hearing from her is just a dream I have. She has completely abandoned our family. So Mother's Day is joyous for me, too, but sad as well. I miss my daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your kind comment and for your prayers.

    I am so sorry that you are without your mother...

    ReplyDelete

Loving words from kind people make our hearts glad!