Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Why Mama, Why?


 We were driving home from a swimming party. Just me and my two little boys.  We were talking about the party and this and that and somehow, somehow the conversation turned.  Two little boys in the back seat began to talk about their birth moms. The ones who gave them up.  Why Mama? Why? 

How do you explain to two little disabled boys the choice their Mamas made? How do you help them understand that fear and culture and poverty and revulsion were some of the driving factors on why they both were abandoned within hours of taking their first breath. How? Oh God give me grace!

Tenderly, carefully I explained.  They sat quiet.  Listening.  Taking it in. Mamas in their country are told by the doctors that babies with problems with their arms and legs would be better off in the orphanage.  Mamas in their country are poor and have no way to take care of them.  Mamas in their country are afraid. Mamas in their country....

Quietness filled the van after I had finished. Then, from the back came a small little voice. The sound of it something I had never heard before. It wasn't his normal 12 year old voice. It wasn't the immature, attention seeking voice he uses so much of the time. It was a different one. The real one. A voice from the very depth of his hurting, damaged soul.  Tentative. Scared. Almost a whisper of a voice.

If I had been your little boy in your tummy would you have given me up?

 A world of hurt poured out in those quiet, scared words.

Would YOU have given me up?

Oh John.  A thousand times no.  If you had been my little boy in my tummy, on the day you were born I would have kissed you all over your sweet little body and I would have never ever ever given you up. I would have fought off any doctor or anyone who ever tried to take you away from me.  Your Papa would have stood guard at the door if anyone had ever tried to take you away.


How do you explain to two little disabled boys the choice their Mamas made? How do you help them heal from the damage that choice made?

If I had been your little boy in your tummy would you have given me up?

They come from a world where children who are disabled are looked upon with revulsion and disgust. They come from a world where disabled children are shut away, hidden. They come from a world where parents are given no resources, no help to raise their disabled child.

The Bloom family wants to bring home four babes who have been given up.  All four children are castaway kids.

Amos. Daisy. Lee. Violet.



Of all the children across the ocean... of all the hundreds and thousands of children available for adoption...the Bloom family is choosing them. 

They are choosing four shadow children.

Amos. Daisy. Lee. Violet.

We are doing everything we can help them bring these babes home.  Where they belong.  Chosen. Wanted. Loved.


THE SHADOW CHILDREN GIVEAWAY
 
 
 
To see the full giveaway CLICK HERE..
 
 

1 comment:

Loving words from kind people make our hearts glad!