Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Staying the Course


Today's the day.

Surgery.


I've been through a lot of surgeries with my kiddos in the last number of years. 

Every one of them is hard.

But somehow for both Rob and me, this one feels extra tough.

The surgery itself is not complicated.

But when it is done our little girl will have two scars on her body and a device inserted that may or may not work.

The chances of it not working are high enough that part of us wants to put on the brakes and cancel the procedure. But we have few other choices at this point. So we are staying the course.

I would be a bit less stressed about it if her surgery was this morning.

Instead we have to sit out the morning at home with a hungry little girl who probably won't have surgery until after 3:00 this afternoon.

A long day to sit and think and wonder and worry and whisper prayers to the Lord for this to work. 

I'm whispering a lot of prayers.

The bright spot to my week is that every single Itty Bitty made it over the $1,000 wall. Go look. I honestly didn't think it would happen this year. I gloomily told Rob on Monday morning when 51 babes still needed to jump the wall that it was hopeless.

Yes. I said that word.

I confess.

It wasn't until Monday evening that things started hopping on the wall.... 

I didn't stay up to watch all of it (medically fragile children rob you of so much sleep that staying up for New Years just is not an option), but before I went to bed I saw a whole bunch of lovies jump. I climbed into bed with my spirit lifted after seeing that jump. It made my day. The next morning all but 9 babes had jumped the wall and this morning - everyone was over.

Every single Itty Bitty.

Thank you to everyone who gave to them.

And thank you to everyone who is praying for my littlest today. We so appreciate every prayer on her behalf. 






4 comments:

  1. I have followed your blog for a very long time, but I don't think I've ever commented. I have seizures...although nothing like Mary's. I also have a friend that had seizures almost to that extreme when she was a child. She had this same surgery and it changed her life. She will still have seizures on occasion, but they are few and far between and they are much less concerning and damaging. She's had the device 20 years now. I will be praying for you that you find relief and a similar outcome!! Your family has always inspired me to want to give to others and show God's true love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for success with Mary and peace for you and your husband.

    God is with you


    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you all today, and hoping and praying that all went well and will lead to a quick recovery, with excellent results. I am so thankful this option was available for Mary.

    love from Susan in Kentucky

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm praying for your family and for Mary's surgery to be successful!

    ReplyDelete

Loving words from kind people make our hearts glad!