Monday, March 17, 2014

Was That a Vote?

First of all...
 
PLEASE KEEP PRAYING FOR THE HARLIN FAMILY!
 
Brian and Natalie (daughter) have officially slipped past the guards and are in Sergey's region.  They are hoping/praying that tomorrow they can get paperwork signed/finished and that they can slip back out with the sweetest boy in their arms.
 
Please please pray, dear friends, for this family.
 
One little boy matters very very much to them.
 

 
 
Pray too that they will get a court day for the other little boy who also matters very very much to them.
 
 
 
Secondly....
 
About the vote....
 
I'm reading the Washington Post and other news articles, and I'm reading all kinds stuff that seems to indicate that 95% of the people in that diamond shaped region are jumping up and down to be back under Rus*ia's umbrella.   
 
What they are failing to say is that the people who did vote - and from what I've seen - if you go with THEIR numbers than more than 100% of the voting population voted (????) and if you go with more realistic numbers you are in the 30-40% range.. Of those who DID vote...

 The ballet had TWO CHOICES...

1. Join Rus*ia
2. Become an independent Republic

There was NO OPTION on the ballet to STAY with Ukra*ne.

It was a no-brainer vote.  No one was going to vote for #2.  Becoming an independent Republic with Rus*ian troops pouring into your borders was NOT going to happen.

So basically the ballot should have read..

1. Join Rus*ia
2. Join Rus*ia

Rus*ia wins.

That's MY take on this. I could be wrong. There may be a HUGE majority of people in that little region by the Black Sea who are jumping up and down that they are back under Put*n's  umbrella. The newspapers would have us believe that is so... I just have serious doubts.
 
It isn't looking good across the ocean.

It would be easy to despair....

But then I see these pictures...

From different parts of the country...

And I am encouraged.

"If my people, who are called by my name,


will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways,


then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.


Join with them.

Pray.

It's the one thing and the BEST thing we can do for them!



 

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I recognize that last photo! Kherson! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will join them on my knees and petition God to put an end to this war before more lives are lost.

    ReplyDelete

Loving words from kind people make our hearts glad!